Here are 10 reasons why you might want to think twice about a tongue piercing.
Tongue piercings can:
- Cause nerve damage
- Cause a speech impediment
- Wear down your natural teeth
- Cause bad breath
- Cause chips, cracks, and fractures in your teeth and may damage expensive dental work
- Cause excessive drooling
- Cause a space between your front teeth
- Cause a metal hypersensitivity reaction
- Cause pain and infection
- Cause localized periodontal disease and gum recession
Now that you know at least 10 negative effects of tongue (and lip) piercings, I challenge you to give me at least 10 positive reasons to get one. After all, the piercings may be a “fad” or “in style” today when you are young, however the negative health consequences can and will last a lifetime. Please carefully consider the pros and cons before you get any piercing.