1. 60% of people don’t know that a sore jaw when combined with chest pain is a signal of a heart attack.
2. Each person’s set of teeth is unique, much like his/her fingerprints. Even identical twins don’t have exactly the same set of teeth. Did you know that your tongue print is also unique?
3. You should always replace your toothbrush at least every 3 months, as well as after the flu, cold, and other infections. Bacteria can implant themselves on the bristles, causing reinfection.
4. More than 300 types of bacteria make up dental plaque.
5. Gum disease is the leading cause of tooth loss in people over the age of 35. Fortunately, most gum disease can be prevented.